Monday, November 8, 2010

All good things must come to an end

This weekend was our last visit with Kyle. Next Tuesday he will graduate from AIT and be moving to his base in Oklahoma. I made a cake to honor and celebrate him. It wasn't perfect, but my heart was in the right place.


U.S. Army cake...with raspberry filling...yum!


We decided Sunday morning to go down to Fredericksburg and take the Old Town trolley tour. I'd wanted to do that when we lived in Virginia, but we never got the chance.


Kenmore Manor - George Washington's Sister's House - built in 1775


Kenmore Manor - see the black dot? It's a cannonball from the Revolutionary War!


More cannonballs in the Presbyterian Church

2 comments:

landofnyedom said...

That's cool you could visit again. Love the cake! You did great! I am oh so not artistic. I love historic places. Looks like fun.:)
I have an aunt & uncle in Oklahoma too. How long will he be there?

The Miller Five said...

Thanks Holly! He could be in Oklahoma anywhere from 6 months to a year...possibly more. You never really know with the military.